Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Massive Update (August)

I know it's been a LONG time since I posted anything here, so I'm just going to upload a few pics and videos so we can all move on. The last part of August and the first part of this month were pretty busy at our house. Tim was gearing up for Ironman Louisville on August 31st and I was doing my best to prepare for the first MOPS meeting of the year on September 9th. We both survived our respective events, but more on that later. For now, I'll focus on our adorable boys who are both growing up too fast.



August 19th: We broke out the Bumbo for Nathan, who was getting tired of the bouncy seat by this point since he could roll over. He was all smiles during this trial run. I wouldn't say he loves it even now, but Tyler never really did either. Our boys like to move! Here are also some photos of Tyler in a wrestling/tickling match with his daddy. [Side notes: 1) The mark on Tyler's forehead is due to a toy boat falling on his head. He and his little friend Carter were trying to throw toys over a gate in the 2-year-old room at church. Needless to say, the boat did not successfully clear the gate. 2) If Nathan's hair looks a little oily in the last pic it's because I had just put some olive oil on his head to help with the cradle crap that we are still battling.]



August 25th: Here's a video of Nathan. I accidentally deleted a recording from my camera where he was giggling and talking up a storm. This was my second attempt to capture his cuteness, but it didn't turn out quite as well. Don't get me wrong, he's still as cute as he can be, just not as giggly and talkative.





August 26th: This was the last day of Tyler's 7-week soccer class. It took about 3 weeks for Tyler to really warm up to the class and his coaches since he's such a shy little guy. He was one of the smallest and youngest in the class, which is for 2- and 3-year-olds, but he really got into it the last couple weeks. He loved the last day because they got to play on the big field (it's all indoors), so he got to do lots of running around, which is one of his favorite things to do. We have no idea where he got that. =) At the very end of class that day, the kids got to have snacks and juice and they all got an XL Soccer World t-shirt. Tyler was so proud of his t-shirt that he wanted to put it on before we even left the building. He wore that t-shirt over his other shirt for the rest of the day, even though it was down to his knees because it's so big. I managed to record him dancing to The Backyardigans in his new shirt that afternoon.


August 27th: Here are pictures of Tyler in his soccer t-shirt the next day. After he wore it all day the previous day, I threw it in the laundry that night to see if I could shrink it at least a little. He asked for it when he woke up the next morning, so it's a good thing it was clean! And just in case anyone was wondering about PJ--yes, he's still here. =) He may not get as much attention as the other boys during the day, but he's still the only one who's allowed to sleep in our bed at night.



August 28th: Here are a few pictures of Nathan just hangin' out in his crib. He's almost 4-months-old in these photos. I didn't take any photos of him on his 4-month birthday (I know, I'm such a slacker), so I'll include his stats here. Weight: 15 lbs., 0.5 oz. (50th percentile). Height: 24.5 inches (30th percentile). Head Circ: 42.5 cm (55th percentile). I love his blue eyes, but I'm trying to not get too attached since Tyler's changed from blue-gray to a hazel-ish brown in the past year.

No comments: