Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Big Week

It's only Wednesday and it has already been a big week for little Nathan. On Monday he fed himself his first finger foods (Gerber Puffs, sweet potato flavor). Then on Tuesday he cut his 5th tooth and started pulling up. I walked into his room at 3:30 am on Tuesday to find him standing at his crib rail, at which point I decided that we should move his crib mattress to the lowest setting--not right then, of course, just sometime when normal people are awake.

Here's a video of Nathan feeding himself. I know, I know...it's not super exciting stuff, but it's something I'd like to remember and this is my blog. And did I mention it also happens to be my birthday? So yeah, I get to do whatever I want here. =) Tyler, who was finishing his own dinner at the time, talks throughout the entire video. He seriously talks non-stop at home. Get him in front of other people, and it's a completely different story.



It's getting more difficult to keep track of Nathan now that he's on the move all the time. This morning while the boys were playing in the room, Nathan kept crawling over Tyler while he was lying on the floor playing with his tractor. At one point when Nathan was grabbing Tyler's hair, Tyler said, "Nay-sen, I tying to be nice." I think that was his way of saying, "Nathan, I'm trying to be nice, so why are you trying to hurt me?" I've explained many times that Nathan's pokes, grabs and scratches are not meant to hurt Tyler, and thankfully, Tyler doesn't usually try to retaliate when Nathan hurts him.
Tyler likes to pretend that this mechanical pencil is a screwdriver. I'm not sure why, but the boys like to play under the kitchen table.


Tyler really wanted to help Nana decorate my birthday cake this year and he was adamant that I was to have a birthday cake and not cupcakes. So, Tyler went home with Nana and Papa after church on Sunday so he could help decorate the cake that Nana had baked the night before. It was a delicious red velvet cake, and as these photos show, Tyler did an excellent job with the sprinkles. He was so proud of himself and he couldn't wait to show me the cake.

Gabie gives Nathan a hug

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Yes you have had a big week! And a very happy birthday to you my dear friend! I had a fabulous time with you today, as always! Talk to you soon.

By the way, look at how big that little Nate is, feeding himself already?! Time is moving too quickly!