Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ladies' Holiday Gala

Our church puts on a Ladies' Holiday Gala each November and my mom and I finally went this year. It was held last Saturday and it was such a nice evening out for the ladies in our church. This year there was a guy doing impressions of famous people, a jazz band, and a speaker who talked about being women of purpose. Some ladies get really dressed up, but others are dressed in their normal Sunday church wear. Mom and I were somewhere in the middle. Men from our church volunteered as servers and did a fabulous job making sure we had everything we needed.

Me, Mom and our wondeful hostess Anne
One highlight of the evening were all the beautifully decorated tables. Each table was hosted by a different lady, and she could choose to decorate her table in a Thanksgiving/Autumn theme, a Christmas theme, or a New Year's theme. I wish we could've arrived earlier (it was my fault that we got there right as it was starting), so I could have taken more photos of the different tables. Some of them were very elegant, some were very cute, and all of them were put together so nicely. Of the tables I saw, I think our table was one of the best! Anne Webb was our wonderful hostess and she is so creative and crafty. She decorated our table with a Christmas tree theme and she carried it out in so many little details.
My personalized place setting
Our table centerpiece

I'm so glad I got to go with my mom because it's not often that we get to do something just the two of us, let alone enjoy a nice dinner without the little ones. It was kind of funny when I realized I needed to slow down while I was eating. I barely had anything left on my plate when I looked over at my mom's plate and she still had lots of food left. I'm so used to scarfing down food while simultaneously spoon-feeding Nathan and getting Tyler applesauce. So, given the opportunity to focus on my own food, I downed an entire plate in about 3 minutes and 28 seconds. Now if only I could clean my house that fast!

1 comment:

Juli said...

What a wonderful time to spend with your mommy! She is such a special woman!
Are you in MO for turkey day? We will be in Jeff City. Call me or email me if you have a free minute to get the boys together