Sunday, June 12, 2011

Easter Photos

Easter was almost 2 months ago, but I thought I'd go ahead and post a few pictures of the boys. It was a pretty low-key day that started with Easter treats from our family in Missouri, a worship service at church, lunch at Nana and Papa's, and dinner and an egg hunt at the Pittmans' house.

After church, we tried our best to get good pictures of the boys, but Nathan's silly side just had to come out. I remember last year I got all up-tight about getting "perfect" photos of them in their Easter clothes. I was getting so frustrated because they weren't being very cooperative. For some reason I didn't really mind this year that I wasn't getting them to do exactly what I wanted. Maybe I'm learning that, years from now, these photos will remind me of how they were at this age--constantly moving and just plain funny. Last year Tyler was the one who had ants in his pants, so it was Nathan's turn this year...


I sure do love these guys!



Tyler wanted to take a picture of Nathan and I at Nana's house. Also making an appearance in this photo is the remainder of Nathan's black eye which his brother bestowed upon him the preceding weekend while we were in Atlanta. (I was at the store with my cousin Jenny when it happened, so I'm not exactly sure what happened. From what I could gather from Tim and the boys, Tyler kicked Nathan in the face while wrestling...)


The boys and their cousins were so ready for Easter egg hunting by the time we arrived at the Pittmans' house that afternoon. Tim and Jonathan were assigned the task of hiding over 100 eggs in the big backyard. Becki and I enjoyed watching them through the windows because once they'd used all the "good" hiding spots, they just started tossing the eggs into the grass to get rid of them. It was a ridiculous number of eggs, but we were expecting one more child (a friend of Becki's and her son were supposed to come, but couldn't due to sickness) and I think my mom and I just miscalculated how many we had filled. It was fun for the kids, though, and it made the hunt last longer than usual.


Ready to hunt

Cooper and Tyler were hard to catch for a photo. They were constantly on the move!

Eliza was moving a little slower

Gabe and his goodiesNathan, with a little help from Nana, had a very full basket!


Cooper insisted that there be a golden egg, and whoever found the golden egg got a special prize. Grandma Pittman wasn't given much notice about the golden egg expectation, so she wrapped gold ribbon around a plastic egg to serve as the prized item. Pretty good idea, I thought. Well, Nathan was actually the first one to find it, but since it looked like a wad of ribbon, he refused to put it in his basket. Tyler ended up finding it next and won the prize--a book about Easter!

We always try to take a family photo on Easter, so here's this year's. It's exciting to think we'll have a 9-month-old baby in next year's!


Speaking of baby, we received our first baby gift on Easter! Becki made a diaper cake for us, which served as the centerpiece of our dinner table. It was her first time making one, and my first time receiving one! I've made several in the past for friends' baby showers, so I can really appreciate the time that goes into putting one together. And who can't use diapers? For Baby #3, it's the perfect gift!

No comments: