Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A New Favorite

After the March snow we experienced last week, we are now having a spell of warm weather here in NC. As a result of this welcome rise in temperature, I discovered a new favorite thing of mine. Yesterday I rolled down both windows in the front of my car instead of reaching for the A/C. Upon Tyler's request, I rolled down his window and then Nathan's window. Smiles immediately appeared on both boys' faces and they even started squealing with delight. Watching them in my rear view mirror, I just couldn't help smiling and laughing along with them. It's amazing how something as simple as feeling the wind on their faces could bring out pure joy in my boys.

For those few minutes in the car, I forgot how tired I was due to the time change and the fact that Nathan was awake from 3:30 to 4:45 that morning (still not sure what that was about). I forgot about potty training. I forgot about my to-do list for this week's MOPS meeting and the piles of laundry I had waiting for me at home. Instead, I just enjoyed the moment--a moment undoubtedly given to me by my Heavenly Father as a reminder to slow down and enjoy simple blessings like the wind that I so often take for granted.

I think I'll be rolling down the windows a lot this spring.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That is such a sweet post Debbie. I totally need a reminder to slow down and enjoy the moment more often. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!