Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thanksgiving II and a Birthday

My dad's birthday was November 26th, and since we were in MO at the time, we all got together at my parents house the Sunday after Thanksgiving to celebrate his birthday and the holiday all at once. Jonathan, Becki, Cooper and Gabe were there, along with Becki's sister Bethany, and my cousin Dan and his wife Donna and son Devin.

Like every other dinner hosted by my mom, there was an enormous amount of delicious food, which is definitely okay with us because we always get to take home some of the leftovers as a parting gift. There were even three desserts from which to choose, but since I didn't want any one dessert to be left out, I enjoyeda piece of each: tiramisu, giant apple napoleon, and a Chamorro pudding dessert called latiya that Donna made. All were fabulous and I did not regret the extra calories one bit!




Cooper likes to go "grocery shopping" at Nana's house, and Tyler is a willing recruit when he's around. Each of them hop in their car and drive to the pantry to pick up some items. After a trip to the "store", they dump the purchased items on the coffee table. It's funny what they manage to pack in their cars. One of them had a huge jug of vinegar at one point. I'm not sure how they were even able to lift it, but these boys are resourceful...and strong!
Driving to the store
Cooper happily makes his selections
Tyler finds something worth buying
This is only about half of the groceries they ended up collecting.
Gabe browses for himself

No comments: