Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Puzzles

As long as I can remember I've always loved jigsaw puzzles, and apparently my son takes after me.

We got Tyler a little Lightning McQueen 24-piece puzzle for Christmas as a stocking stuffer. He likes all of his wooden puzzles, so I thought he might like one a little more challenging. Plus, anything with Lightning is a guaranteed hit with Tyler.

I first helped him put it together last Saturday and he's been doing it by himself ever since. It just amazes me how little minds can learn so quickly. Yesterday he put it together and took it apart at least 7 or 8 times in a row, which was great because he usually won't sit still for very long. He's done it so many times that I think he must have all the pieces memorized, but he still raises his arms and says, "I did it!", every time he finishes it. He's already asking for another "Yi-teen" puzzle. I told Tim it's too bad we can't rent puzzles from the library so Tyler could do a different one every week. I've seriously never seen anything other than a TV show captivate him for such a long period of time the way this puzzle does. The best part is, he always says, "I want to build it all by myself!", which translates into more time for me to get some laundry folded, or dishes washed, or meals prepared, etc.


Here's a little video of him working on his puzzle yesterday morning, hence the pajamas. He usually likes to start by building Lightning or Sally ("Saddy") first, then Mater, then the building behind them.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hey Debbie! I was just able to sit down and read all of your latest posts (you are on a roll with the blog, by the way). Anyway, I can't wait to get together with you next week (still on for Thursday I hope). I have missed you so much! I will call you soon!