Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tree Photos

I took these photos 2 weeks ago. I wanted to take some pictures of the boys in front of the tree since we hadn't yet. Tyler, who usually won't sit still for a photo op, was being so sweet to sit next to Nathan.


This photo was taken earlier in the day. Nathan likes to chew on his spoon after he finishes eating in his highchair.
You wouldn't know it by looking at these, but Tyler was having "one of those days" this particular day. He actually was having one of those weeks the first week of December. We experienced breakdown after breakdown for several days in a row. It was awful. At one point Tim asked me, "Are we bad parents?" because we couldn't figure out what Tyler wanted. He would wake up in the morning and cry about anything and everything for over an hour. Everything we tried to do to help him only resulted in more fits. It seemed like we were fighting with him all day long.

I can't say for sure, but I think the reason he might have been acting this way was because he was hungry. The problem was that he'd get to the point that he was almost belligerent, so even when I offered him food, he would run screaming down the hall, "NOOOOOOO!" We started giving him a bedtime snack a week and a half ago, and he has been much better. He's still 2-years-old, so some meltdowns are to be expected, but he's been a lot happier ever since. He wakes up happy and is much more even keel throughout the day. As I told my mom today, I think the Lord gave me a moment of clarity in the midst of my frustration to see what I could do to help Tyler. And it was just in time--I think he and I both were about to go crazy!

No comments: