Sunday, October 12, 2008

Party Favors

Yesterday we all went to a party for Tyler's friend John Palmer's 3rd birthday and Tyler had so much fun! The party was a carnival theme. There were games to play and they even had a big parachute for waving up and down and running underneath. (The parachute totally reminded me of gym class in elementary school.) It was a beautiful fall morning, so the weather was perfect for an outdoor party.

Tyler's favorite part had to be the face painting. John Palmer's grandma painted a soccer ball on his cheek and he was so proud of it. He kept wanting to look in the mirror all day so he could see it. After it washed off during his bath last night, he wanted to know when he could get another one.


He also loved his goodie bag, which had lots of cool stuff in it. He got some sunglasses, little parachute men, stickers, a slinky and a ball. The first thing he did when he got the bag was put on the orange sunglasses. There were actually 2 pairs in the bag and he kept insisting that I wear the green ones, but they're a little small for me.


Nathan was a big hit at the party, as usual. The other guests commented on how happy he seems, and he smiled at everyone like he always does. It helped that the party was outside because he just loves to be outdoors.


I recorded Tyler talking about his goodie bag and his soccer ball when he woke up from his nap yesterday. You'll notice he's not wearing any pants because when we started the whole potty training thing, I just had him in a Pull-Up to make potty time easier. Now he just likes to go pants-less sometimes when we're at home.

Other than the birthday party, we've had a pretty quiet weekend. Tim has been training for the 2 marathons he has coming up at the beginning of November and I've been running whenever I get the chance just for exercise. I might sign up for a 5K or 10K in November to stay motivated, but we'll see...I did get to run 10 miles yesterday afternoon, which is the furthest I've run since college. It's nothing compared to the 20-milers that Tim does on a regular basis, but I felt (physically and mentally) like I'd really accomplished something by the end of it. Now if only I could get my house clean, I'd feel like I moved a mountain!

No comments: