Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Switch-a-roo

Yesterday afternoon I got it in my head to do some fairly major furniture switching. What used to be our dining room is now a playroom and our dining table sits in the breakfast nook that used to be a play area. I didn't tell Tim that I was doing it, so he came home to quite a surprise.

I'm really enjoying the switch-a-roo so far. Overall, I think it's a much better use of the space we have. The dining table is much closer to the kitchen, which is great for me since I'm always hopping up from the table to get something for the boys. I used to have to walk around/through/over toys to get from the dining room to the kitchen, but I don't have to worry about tripping on a dump truck anymore. All the toys are pretty much contained in the "playroom" and living room. I did have to take the leaf out of the table to make it fit more comfortably in the nook, so it only seats 4 now, instead of 6. This isn't a big deal, though, because we only have 4 people in our family. It's still plenty big for us.

The new dining area

The new playroom


Here are some photos of the boys that I took on Sunday. I haven't taken many pictures lately, so I figured it was time for an update. I think Nathan is starting to look similar to Tyler at this same age (5 1/2 months). He has the funniest belly laugh and it is easily brought on by tickling his neck or belly or bubba chubba thighs. What a sweetie!


On Sunday, Tyler was playing with his potty jar and the money in it. (He hasn't been asking for quarters lately, and he hasn't even been wanting M&Ms or "emma-emma-emms", but that's another story. Let's just say he's only interested in potty training when it's time to go night-night. He likes to sort out his quarters from his pennies and his nickels, which he pronounces as "nipples". Great.

After playing with the money in his jar, he decided to dig for gold somewhere else. Nice.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I really like what you did what the rooms, they look great!

Those pictures of Nate are adorable, he is looking like such a big boy to me. And well Tyler, yeah, he totally looks like a big boy!

By the way, today was MUCH better than yesterday was--thank goodness!

Can't wait to see you soon!