Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy (Egg) Hunting

On Friday I took the boys to an Easter party that my friend Lindsay arranged at her church. It was a morning filled with good things--friends, singing and story time, snacks and of course, hunting for Easter eggs.

Tyler and his little friend Kay-Kay (if only she could teach him how to give the perfect photo smile...)

The kids were allowed to each find 12 eggs, so Tyler counted out loud every time he found one. Once he reached 12, I had to remind him that even though he could still see more eggs, he needed to let the other kids have a chance to find them. He actually seemed okay with that because he just sat down with his basket and started recounting them to make sure they were all there. He couldn't wait to look inside the eggs to see what kinds of treats they held.

Nathan didn't participate in the hunt, but he was happy to be outside.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm also really glad you guys were able to come! It totally made Kaitlyn's day--mine too:) I love that picture of Nate, he looks so handsome sitting there (and looking like such a big boy). I'll talk to you soon!